Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School


Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops
take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining
us!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking
place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking and start the Hop. You won't
want to miss all the inspiration from our members....... or the prizes :-)

Our theme for August is "BACK TO SCHOOL".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my project I made a thank-you card for a teacher. I like how the apple turned out :-) I just tore 3 pieces of red cardstock, kinda in the shape of an apple, and added a couple of torn leaves.

My youngest son thinks the "TU" should have been "TY" but ty doesn't come together in the alphabet :-) Hopefully, the TU will be understood as a thank you.

...and the inside:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This blog hop will run from today, August 28th until August 31st. We will be
drawing for winners on September 1st on the Lovebug blog

You're at the end of the HOP! Head on back to Lovebug Scrapbooking.

11 comments:

Jean said...

What a clever card!! Very cute!

Liz Mullen said...

This card is sooo cute! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I like the apple, and the inside of the card especially much. The lined paper is the perfect touch.mk@klassentrenching.com

Lindy said...

Very nice card.

April D said...

oh that is just adorable Carla! Oh, and one of the girls has the wrong person linked as the next stop...they have Rachel but it is I think the person right before me that should be the next stop

Stephanie said...

This is so cute! I love the idea of tearing the paper for the apple!

Alli said...

Carla I LOVE your card!
TU!!!

Margo said...

adorable apple card!!!

scottiedog said...

love the card!!!! :O) where was that idea when my guy was still in school!!! :O) too cute!

Lizzy Simpson said...

LOVE this card! And I'm thinking that the "tearing" technique for the apple would work for lots of things: pumpkins, pears, cherries - so many possibilites. So cute and versatile!!!

Lizzy

Sophie said...

What a lovely card! I should make one for DS' back to school!!!