Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fears

Rori, at The Scrapbook Stand, challenged us to blog about our biggest fear.

I don't really have any deep fears. I have a dislike of certain things but I wouldn't consider them fears. Like heights, for example. I can handle heights, but it's not something I'd purposely seek out. I don't mind spiders -- well, the small ones! I am not afraid of animals or reptiles, or birds, or anything like that. I actually held a skink a couple of days ago.

One thing I go get nervous about is meeting new people. I don't like being put in a crowd of people -- I tend to stick to the edges, a wallflower, I guess :-) I also don't like public speaking, though I did get much better with that after working in a daycare.

And of course, if you're a parent, you have concerns about your children getting sick or getting in an accident or somehting serious, but again, I don't think it is a fear per se. I like to quote the Bible verse about fear and that really helps :-)

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. " 2 Timothy 1:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were fearless. :) Great verse!

Anonymous said...

I totaly understand the nervousness about being in a large crowd and meeting new people...it can be very uncomfortable.Wonderful verse from the bible!!TFS!